The Time Traveller's Strife: A talk and workshop on time travel and science fiction writing
If you've ever fancied trying your hand at writing science fiction or time travel stories, I'll be running a workshop at These 3 Streams on June 10th discussing that very topic! I'll be talking about writing for both children and adults, the complexities of time travel stories, and the intricacies of working with licensed properties.
If you've ever fancied getting into the world of Doctor Who as a writer, this is a great place to start.
We'll be asking the big questions:
- Do time-travel paradoxes matter and, if so, which are the most fun ones?
- What makes a great monster and why do we need them?
- Do you need to be a scientist to write science fiction?
- Why are alternate dimensions always inhabited by evil versions of ourselves?
- When should you follow established continuity and when should you throw it away?
- And do time-travel paradoxes matter… (again.)
Click here to book your tickets
Whilst I've got plans for the session, I'm hoping it will be very interactive with all the delegates and we can take the session wherever (and whenever) we want to go.
I had a fantastic time at These 3 Streams last year and I'm sure it will be even better this year. The whole town really gets behind the event and Llantwit Major is transformed into a wonderful microcosm of creativity and energy. Fingers crossed the weather is as good this time as last year as well!